Inclined to Sit
- Get the Most Out of Your Chair -
Learn the best practices and seating tips so create a more efficient workspace. The aging workforce knows that with experience also comes aches and pains. Back aches, fatigue from improperly sitting and improper distance all can contribute to an uncomfortable working environment. We will cover more than just the best practices, we will help you discover the optimum sitting position to make you more comfortable.
- Sitting Pretty (learning how to sit without discomfort and pain)
- How to Get the Most Out of Your Chair
- Seating Options, and How They Differ from Each Other (Chair vs. Stool Vs. Sit/Stand Vs. Ball, Vs Saddle etc.)
- Dynamic vs Passive Sitting
- California's aging workforce
- The aches and pains of working in an office
- Back Talk: Relieving
- Sizing the correct seat for you
- Seat adjustments to relieve pain
- Distance and focal point in your workstation
Vivienne Fleischer & Lori Babcock
Occupational Therapists, MSOTR/L and O.T., CEAS
Vivienne Fleischer, President and Co-Founder is passionate about wellness! A concert pianist turned ergonomist (but she does still play) she’s on this crazy mission to “save the hands of the world” while helping people to stave off injuries, take charge of their health and feel their best! Vivienne also green juices daily, loves yoga, plays a mean piano and loves loves loves to write! She’s also a vegan, an aspiring cook and a wannabe cartoonist. She loves spending time with her amazing family and calls her mom every morning.
Lori Babcock, O.T., CEAS, PBE's Ergonomics Program Manager loves the problem solving that goes into helping someone become more comfortable when working. Often it is simple changes that will make all the difference! I also love showing people how changing their movement patterns, not only their equipment, can make them more comfortable and more productive. She lives in Sonoma County on the beautiful Russian River with her family. She enjoy kayaking in the summer and mushroom hunting in the winter. She also likes to zip line and has been skydiving!